The Nigerian Bar Association ‘NBA’ through this project, proposes to strengthen the criminal justice system within 28 States of the Federation by achieving two results:
- Engender wide-spread criminal justice reform by encouraging the domestication of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 ‘ACJA’ in the outstanding 28 states to ensure uniformity in the administration of criminal justice legislation across Nigeria; and
- Promote the smooth implementation of the new criminal justice regime which the ACJA represents, by building stakeholders’ capacity within the 28 states.
The outcomes of our project activities include:
- National and State-level sensitisation on the domestication and implementation of the ACJA across Nigeria.
- The drafting, review and validation of model ACJ laws in the 28 project states.
- The development of courses, toolkits and Training of Trainers on the Administration of Criminal Justice for legal practitioners, ACJA practitioners and the general public through the NBA Institute of Continuing Legal Education (NBA-ICLE).